Sunday, April 27, 2008

Slightly sunburned,Rest completed, Visas arrive.






(Lynn, Grayton Beach, Florida)
We've enjoyed some "heavy rest", to quote Van Morrison. We spent four days in Gulf Shores with my folks, drove through Pensacola and visited the Naval Aviation Museum (home of the Blue Angels), and have been at my sister's house in Grayton Beach for the past seven days. Mainly we've slept, prayed, played, swam, crabbed, eaten more than exercised, and just spent time with family and one another. We've all had a blast, but Andrew, with his love of all creatures and his admiration for older brother Phillip, has been ecstatic for days capturing fish, crabs, lizards,etc. and having brother and mommy to himself. I believe this pause in the action was ordained.
We will swing through Alabama today and see my grandparents on our way back to Knoxville.
Our visas arrived two days ago- so now we are set to fly out this Friday. Please pray we'll stay healthy and make the trip.
"It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night." -Psalm 92:1-2

5 comments:

Debra said...

You found out how to put pictures up! Everyone looks rested and having a great time! If you get a chance stop by the office "one more time" when your in KnoxVegas! If not, have a safe trip and keep up posted on your journey! Love ya! Debra

Sister, we need each other! said...

I'm happy to see that all of you received some well needed rest and fun ;)

I pray the Lord's divine protection upon all 6 of you! Wishing you all the best!

Baumann said...

Miss Baumann's class has lots to say! James-Hi, Claire. Hope you have lots of fun. David-Hope you have fun. Keysi- Hi, Claire! We miss you a lot but I hope you have so much fun. Morgan B.- Hi, Claire! I miss you a lot. Let's start e-mailing. Devon- Hope you have lots of adventures and hope you have fun. Grant- I miss you a lot. Come back soon. Noah- I hope you are having a great time. Kaity- Hi, I really miss you. When you come back our crying thing will be over. Bo- Hi, Claire. I just hope you are having a great time. Phoenix- Aloha, I miss you so much! Thanks for helping me jump to the 4th bar! Morgan G.- Hi, Claire. I hope you like it there. Everyone misses you! Jessica- Hi, Claire. I really miss you! I hope you will come sooner than it seems like. Sarah- Hi, I miss you. I hope you have fun. Shelby- Hi, I really miss 'u'. I hope you have a great time. Kayla- Hi, I miss you! Please come back! I want you here. Josh- I miss you. I hope you are excited about being in New Zealand. Ms. Kathy- I know you're having a great time. What a wondeful experience you are having in New Zealand. India- I miss you, but I hope you have a good time in New Zealand when you get there. Miss Baumann- Things are just different without you. Keep writing us so that it will seem like you are practically here in Tennessee!

Baumann said...

Katherine said...Hey Claire! You might not know who I am but I am in Mrs. Smith's fifth grade class. You might know me from Mrs. Wines second grade class. Mrs. Wines just can't stop saying I miss Claire she was really sad when she found out that you were leaving . Oh , and how I really want to know if you are excited about getting to go New Zealand . Hope you have fun!!!! Your friend, Katherine

Karrie said...

I am gald to see that some rest and fun intervened before the long journey! It was simply meant for those visas to be postponed, although I am sure it felt like an obstacle at the time! I pray for a peaceful and safe journey to New Zealand for you all. We certainly miss you...take care and God Bless each of you...Love, Karrie