Wednesday, April 16, 2008

2 days until departure!

Thanks for checking back with the lamest bloggers on earth! 3 weeks with no entry- it will never happen again. We have had some wonderful farewell parties from family, church family, friends and coworkers. Between parties we have completed mountains of forms and numerous other preparations.  Thank you all so much for the encouragement, gifts and, most of all, for your love for our family.  Dawn told me today how truly touched she is by the outpouring of love we have experienced- it only solidifies for us the fact that this is our hometown and, no matter how far away or how long we're away, Knoxville is where we long to return and finish raising our children around our loving families and great friends.  Please pray for us as we travel on the 17th and we will be back blogging once I find an internet connection in New Zealand.

We will continue to use my previous e-mail:pnichols@summithealthcare.com

(Thanks for posting messages!)
The Nichols

4 comments:

erica said...

It's about time you posted!! :)We've been checking up on you guys and have been counting down the days to your departure. Thank you Dawn for the sweet note, you mean more to me than you'll ever know. Have a safe trip, we will be praying for you and look forward to keeping up with your blog! I know that God has amazing plans for you all!
Love,
Erica

Rebecca T said...

Hello Nichols Family! I saw the article in the newspaper and it made me sad to see you all go. It's great to see a family go out and do work for God. Seeing you all leave made me sad but reminded me that God has a plan for us. It also says it in my favorite scripture,Jeremiah 29:11. I hope and pray that you all will be safe and have a blast,thats an adventure of a lifetime.


I'll write agian!

With love and prayers,
Rebecca T(the babysitter up the street =])

Unknown said...

Hello Dawn and family-

This is Paige (from BSF) praying for all for all of you today as you make your trip across the ocean. I am so happy to find your blog, and I will make sure to pass it on to the rest of our BSF group. Take care and God bless.

Paige

cheryl said...

Hey guys,

We have thought of you often today as you travel. Each of you are in our prayers. We know this will be a wonderful experience for your family. We will miss you!

Steve, Cheryl & Gracie