Monday, September 8, 2008

Cross Country Running




By Claire
Hello everyone!Over about the past month I have been training for the Cross Country [a race that you run.] On a Friday a couple weeks ago I ran the race that they did at school and came in 2nd place [for the girls], I was very nervous and ended up doing pretty good! Since I came in 2nd place at school I got to go to barge park which is a park that you can play in and is where they held the big Cross Country. Last Friday was a very challeging day running in lots of mud, also falling in mud standing back up and then in less than 20 seconds falling in mud again. That is when the tears started to fall. I still have the scratches that the fall gave me. I ended up coming in 41 place out of about 100 and something people! My mom said that it did't matter what place I ended up getting but, that I actually got up and completed the race. My friends Maddie and Chloe came 24 and 25 in their race. Phillip came in the big 21st place in his race! We all 4 came in the top 50 in all of our races!!!

2 comments:

Sister, we need each other! said...

Claire, I am so proud of you! I started running cross country in 8th grade and ran through highschool! I absolutely loved it!! I wish I would have started as early as you though!! Will they let you wear shoes if you want???

Hugs & Kisses,
Mrs. Summer

Anonymous said...

Hey Claire Bell! I am so proud of you! Your Uncle Matt used to run cross country..top 50 is something to be very excited about:) It sounds like everything is going so good for you. You look so pretty too. I love you and miss you very much.