Saturday, September 20, 2008

For Mom

The fog this morning reminded me of our Smoky Mountain East Tennessee Home.



My mom had a special request to see some photos of Lynn and I on the blog. I think she was worried I had left him some where. We have admitted that this has been one of if not the single roughest season of our marriage with the move from our comfortable life, the pressures of working here, the lack of family support here, the overwhelming volume of need here, and the over-riding physical and emotional drain of it all. With that said, we are being more intentional about communicating how much we love each other and listening to the burdons, laughs, and triumphs of each day. There is a sweetness to commitment that rides through wavy unchartered waters in a relationship. I love you no matter what, in sickness and in health, for better or worse, in West Knoxville or Green Acres. Photos are compliments of Claire who took some of them when we were horsing around. You can pray for us in this area.....not the horsing around but the communicating.

2 comments:

Sister, we need each other! said...

It is nice to see pics of the 2 of you! The pic of the mountains are beautiful too! I guess the big difference is, we have to deal with the nasty allergies of East Tn!!

Gameday is in Auburn today... they are playing LSU ... I think the other tigers are picked to win ;)

Christa said...

5njm
Awesome! You two look fabulous!