Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thanks For the Packages

It is hard to see because it is night time but we got 2 care packages this week containing graham crackers, real cereal (NZ cereal looks like fiber and doesn't have any sugar), Hershey Pennsylvania chocolate (Cadbury rules here), marshmellows (Marshmellows are pink in NZ and strawberry flavored which is not so good for S'mores), and lots of Crystal Light (My personal favorite). Many thanks to my friend Melissa and my friend Dawna's dad Steve who each sent a box of goodies. My dear Steve bought my plane ticket when I was 20 or so years old so I could return from a college summer mission trip to go to my interview for medical school. Melissa helped me get through Medical school. I appreciate both your support and friendship over these years. When I turned 21 Steve and my dad drove 8 plus hours to go the 100 miles in snow to fetch me from Johnson City so I could go on the "turning 21" beach trip with Dawna and Carleen before Christmas that year. I think he also came close to getting me out of jail once but that's another story. Lynn says that the crystal light is good Steve but he is really missing good old US 100 dollar bills and wishes someone would think of him.

1 comment:

The Simpson Family said...

Looks like you all are doing well in New Zealand. What an awesome experience for all of you!

I think of you often when I am on the tennis court in TN ... and of course, smile at the thought! You and your family are an inspiration. Sharon gave me your blog website; I am thrilled to get a glimpse of your life there! Best wishes!!!